The Ultimate Spotify Dance Party Playlist for Kids
Check out this dance party playlist for kids. We guarantee your whole family will love these amazing tunes!
This year has been an unusual one. While we’re all social distancing, it can be difficult to connect with others. Your kids aren’t going to as many parties, and they’re not seeing their buddies as often as they would like. Times are hard, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun. With the right music — specifically, with the right dance party playlist — you can have tons of fun at home with the family. We’ve scoured Spotify for the best party songs for kids and compiled them into one incredible playlist. We guarantee your kids will love these tunes, and we know you will too. Simply connect a Jooki character to this playlist and get dancing!
While you’re here, you might also want to check out our blog on how to entertain kids at home while self-isolating.
1. Happy — Pharrell Williams
Happy is an upbeat song that your kids will love to dance to, particularly given that so many children will know this song through this popular YouTube video where the Minions dance along to the tune.
Start your dance party with this song, and your kids will soon be in the mood to party until they collapse.
2. I like to Move It — will.i.amIf you have any Madagascar fans in your family, they'll recognize this song from the second movie. This is one of those songs that is so catchy and addictive, the whole family will be jumping and dancing along in no time.
3. Can't Stop the Feeling — Justin Timberlake
When you think of Trolls you think of “Can't Stop the Feeling” by the wonderful Justin Timberlake. This song is pure happiness and energy — we guarantee your kids won’t be able to sit still.
Are you looking for a playlist of incredible Disney songs? Check out this ultimate Spotify Disney playlist!
4. Roar — Katy PerryThis isn’t a new song, but it is a favorite among kids. It was written as an empowerment song — an energetic, inspirational tune that is designed to get you up and moving.
5. Uptown Funk — Mark Ronson and Bruno MarsThis much-loved song was a hit around the world, reaching number one in the USA, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and Canada. This tune is so catchy that there has been actual research into the science behind it. Apparently, its popularity was down to the backing vocals paired with a synthesizer and clean guitar, and the use of a distorted electric guitar. But more than that, the lyrics are catchy, and it’s an easy song to dance to, regardless of your age.
6. Call Me Maybe — Carly Rae JepsenThis sweet, simple, and energetic song is upbeat and happy. Kids everywhere love this song, and parents also love it because it’s clean, fun, and wholesome. It has definitely earned its spot on our dance party playlist.
7. Shake It Off — Taylor Swift
Warning: this song is guaranteed to get stuck in your head for days on end. Kids love songs with repetition, and this song certainly has that. It's a simple, fun pop song, and one we think is going to remain popular for years to come.
Worried about getting your kids to chill out after all this dancing? We hear you, and we’ve got the solution — check out our Spotify sleep playlist for kids.
8. Party in the USA — Miley CyrusThis song may have been released way back in 2009, but it has become a modern classic, and it’s become a kids’ dance party staple. You can’t have a dance party playlist for kids without this tune!
9. Best Song Ever — One DirectionOne Direction dominated the music scene from 2010 to 2016 with songs such as “What Makes You Beautiful”, “One Way or Another”, and “While We're Young”. But “Best Song Ever” is an undisputed kids’ dance anthem, and we guarantee your kids will go crazy when this song is played.
10. Cha Cha Slide — DJ CasperWhat's great about this song is that it tells you how to dance to it, so even kids who are a bit shy to dance normally will feel a little more emboldened. The song tells you when to clap and how to move your feet. It's a great song to get you moving and energized.
11. The Greatest Show — The Greatest Showman Ensemble
The Greatest Showman was a huge hit with kids around the world. Your little showmen won’t be able to control themselves when they hear this play on their Jooki!
Looking for more ways to get your kids exercising and moving their feet? Check out these fun exercises for kids to do at home.
12. I'm A Believer — Smash MouthThis song got a revival thanks to the movie Shrek when Smash Mouth breathed new life into it. The new version is livelier and it has much more attitude. It’s a song with a dance, which kids love — be sure to teach it to them before your dance party!
13. The Fox — YivisWhat does the fox say? This song is a little ridiculous, but that’s okay. Ridiculousness can amount to a whole lot of fun at a party! Your kids will let loose and have the time of their lives dancing along to this tune.
14. Macarena — Los Del RioIt might not be new, but that’s just fine — our kids love classics every bit as much as we do! It’s amazing, but kids today love this song as much as they did back when it was released, and most are familiar with the dance moves!
15. YMCA — The MinionsIt may be gibberish, but your kids will love it. The Minions have made the YMCA their own, but you can still use the same old dance moves.
16. High Hopes — Panic! At The DiscoSometimes something magical happens — kids love the songs we love, too! This is the case with “High Hopes”. For some reason, children love it, and it’s a great dance track to get your kids up and moving.
17. Kung Fu Fighting — CeeLo Green and Jack BlackIsn’t it interesting how some songs get a revival? Just like “I'm a Believer” and “YMCA”, “'Kung Fu Fighting” has come back around, and kids adore it. Just make sure your kids have a lot of space to dance and throw themselves around because this song can make children really animated!
18. Gangnam Style — PSY“Gangnam Style” — like “YMCA”, “I’m a Believer”, and the “Macarena” — has a dance your kids will know and love. Get your camera ready! You’ll be sure to capture some precious memories.
19. Move Your Feet / D.A.N.C.E. / It's a Sunshine Day — TrollsThis epic song merges three classics, and the result is an irresistible dance anthem, courtesy of Trolls. Even the shyest of kids won’t be able to resist dancing away to this tune!
20. Baby Shark — Pinkfong
Okay, so we know a lot of kids will protest that they are too old for this much-loved song, but we guarantee that by the end of this playlist, they will be feeling silly and happy enough that they will enthusiastically dance along — dance moves and all!
You can connect this incredible Spotify dance playlist for kids up to a Jooki character so your child can listen to it whenever they please! In fact, we are always creating new and exciting Spotify playlists — follow Jooki on Spotify to explore our lists.